Editor’s note: A photo gallery below depicts explicit language. Reader discretion is advised.
From State House News Service
ON THE AGENDA
- Trump lost Massachusetts overall, but the 94 towns he won have a common theme
- Trump backlash in the Bay State, in images
- Video: Baker shares thoughts on election defeats
- MassDOT chief: Pike toll work will be done for holiday traffic
- Dems have work to do to bring back Trump voters, Neal says
TOP OF THE HILL
Trump carried 94 communities in state, including many poorer, smaller towns
Trump Country in Massachusetts hits its farthest point west in the Franklin County town of Monroe, the state’s second-smallest municipality — and among its handful of poorest communities — which favored the president-elect by a vote of 26 to 25.
It includes pockets of the North Shore and the South Shore — such as Salisbury and Kingston — along with the Cape Cod town of Bourne, and a wide swath of Central Massachusetts, according to a Boston Globe map breaking down the presidential election vote community by community.