BOSTON — With thousands of concert-goers expected to descend on the Boston Calling music festival this weekend, Gov. Charlie Baker said there are no current threats of venues being targeted for violence, but urged residents to remain “vigilant” following the deadly attack Monday night at a concert in Manchester, England.
“First of all, our hearts go out to everybody who was involved in that. I have three kids who are in their 20s. If they had been there, that’s exactly the kind of event, the kind of concert, they would have been at,” Baker told reporters yesterday.
A bomb detonated just outside a Manchester arena at the conclusion of an Ariana Grande concert Monday, killing 22 people and injuring dozens more in an attack for which the Islamic State has claimed responsibility.
Watch: Baker speaks on Manchester attack, Boston Calling security
Please log in or subscribe to support local journalism and read the entire story. Only $2. No recurring charges.