From State House News Service
ON THE AGENDA
- Mr. Moore goes to Washington, in a position to make an impact
- AIDS Project Worcester caseworker speaks at State House
- McGovern needles Trump in push for tax-return transparency legislation
- Neal nabs key leadership post on Pelosi team
- Chandler joins healthcare fact-finding mission to Minnesota
TOP OF THE HILL
Millbury senator tapped for U.S. Attorney General planning panel
While Massachusetts’ influence in Washington could wane with Republican Donald Trump in the White House, at least one state senator expects to be among those making suggestions to the new administration’s Department of Justice.
State Sen. Michael O. Moore of Millbury, a Democrat and member of the DOJ’s Global Justice Information Sharing Initiative Global Advisory Committee (GAC), spent two days in Washington, D.C., last week working with the GAC on ways to use data to fight the opioid epidemic, combat sex trafficking and improve information sharing.
Please log in or subscribe to read the entire story. Only $2.
Worcester Sun print edition on sale now!