Simon Eber, 14, is the kid president of the Worcester chapter of Simon Says Give, which provides students in need with birthday celebrations and school supplies.
“Simon Says Give in Minnesota started the High Five for Supplies campaign, and when I learned more about it, I realized that it would be a great way to help other children in Worcester Public Schools,” Eber said.
“The program was intended for the younger elementary school students, but I thought it would be great to give this opportunity to sixth graders to help with their transition to middle school.”
After starting the Worcester chapter of the Minnesota-based nonprofit earlier this year, Eber has donated more than 168 backpacks filled with school supplies and celebrated two birthdays since April.
More from Worcester Sun
- Mariano: Thought police take over Citizen Advisory Council
- What if … Worcester: Invisibility cloaks wreak havoc
- Ex-Holy Name star Mensah picks UConn
- Worcester Weekly | Inbox | Free to read | Worcester Games
- Hitch: McGovern, Warren and Markey — oh my!
Please log in or subscribe to read the entire story. Only $2.
Worcester Sun print edition on sale now!